Windows 2008 Cluster Issue - 'The RPC server is unavailable'

The action 'Manage a Cluster...' did not complete. Could not open a connection to the cluster 'server name'. An error occurred opening cluster 'server name'. The RPC server is unavailable.


Today I've tried to login one of my client's windows 2008 cluster server, on node 1 -

I know that is a cluster server, however when I open Failover Cluster Management, I couldn't find any thing there in the tree. I was little shocked and tried to logon to Node 2 to check what is the issue. In Node 2 it is OK, I could see all the information -

This is something strange that I've faced with windows 2008 server OS. And started the troubleshooting like step by step -

1.Cluster Service Check
2.RPC Service
3.Dependencies etc

All looks good to me on both nodes. Now what is the next step?

I suspect could be some issue with my login id, hence I've asked one of my co worker to login with his credentials. Again shocked by seeing the result, it is showing the list of information as like node 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VMware PSOD Purple Screen of Death - Debugger waiting (world 2078) -- no port for remote debugger. "Escape" for local debugger

The Windows Time Service terminated with the following error - Event ID 7023 & 46

IBM x3650 M4 Series Server Model - Activation Keys Backup to be taken for IMM Moduel II, why?